New Press Releases
Shrinky Dinks take on grown-up style when combined with jewelry-making techniques. Gaining popularity, shrink-plastic jewelry allows you to think outside the standard jewelry-making box. The new Shrinky Dinks Jewelry-Making Sets pair traditional art mediums with gleaming sterling silver-filled findings for beautiful, wearable works of art.
Shrinky Dinks amazing shrinkable plastic shrinks to 60% of its original size when baked in a craft oven, toaster oven or conventional household oven. The baked pieces become sturdy, lightweight plastic focals and components. The plastic has a quick, 2-minute baking time when baked at 325° Fahrenheit (163° Celsius).
The plastic sheets can be used with almost any traditional medium including color pencils, permanent markers, acrylic paint, alcohol-based ink stamps and more. They can also be cut, hole punched, shaped, etched and fused together to create 3-dimensional designs with standard craft supplies (no special supplies need to be purchased!).
There are three kinds of shrinkable plastic sheets: clear, black and Frosted Ruff N' Ready™. Clear sheets bake crystal clear for transparent designs with bright colors. Black sheets require permanent media, with paint markers recommended--white works best. Frosted Ruff N' Ready sheets bake into a translucent color and have a slight texture that better complements some art supplies such as color pencils.
Each Shrinky Dinks Jewelry-Making Set contains:
- Four 8x10-inch sheets of either clear, black or frosted Ruff N' Ready shrinkable plastic
- 1 pair of sterling silver-filled 15mm fishhook earwires
- 1 pair of sterling silver-filled 17mm fishhook earwires
- 1 pair of sterling silver-filled 16mm leverback earwires
- 1 sterling silver-filled 12x6mm snap-on bail
- 1 sterling silver-filled 12x6mm lobster claw clasp
- 4 sterling silver-filled 8mm, 18-gauge jumprings
- 2 sterling silver-filled 1-1/2 inch headpins
- 2 sterling silver-filled 1-1/2 inch eyepins