- See if there is someone in your own personal circle who has set up a website of their own and ask what they are happy with and what they would do differently so you can learn from their experience
- Search other websites (including websites outside your industry) for things you like and don't like. Make notes and/or sketches on things you like about designs and navigation.
- Consult with a website developer, sharing your ideas with them so your website is a true reflection of your style and complements your jewelry or products
- ''Selling Jewelry Online'' Ask the Experts question and answer
- ''Launching a Beading Business Website and Maintaining it Over Time'' article
- ''20 Ways to Sell More Product From Your Website'' article