Low profile setting means that the stone sets down in a bezel setting which protects the stone.
Elevated settings, such as the Snap -Tite® and Sure-Set™ settings, display stones by capturing it with prongs.
An 8mm stone in either setting type will work to achieve your desired design.
Gem setting pliers are a perfect tool to use when working with Snap-Tite or Sure-Set settings because the grip is more secure and less likely to slip and damage the stone. Dipping the ends of the Gem setting pliers in Tool Magic™ rubber coating will also protect the stone as well as the metal on the setting from scratching. Be sure to check the how-to videos and tutorials listed below in the resources section for more important information on using these products.
- ''How to use Bezellite Settings'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''How to Use Snap-Tite™ Settings'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Sure-Set Mountings, How-To'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Using Gem Setting Pliers'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Protecting Tools with Tool Magic'' how-to video and instructions