Accu-Flex® beading wire is a flexible, kink resistant stringing wire that has a large number of thin stainless steel cables braided together and finished with a nylon coating. There are four different strand counts; 7 strand, 19 strand, 21 strand and 49 strand. Each one provides a different level of flexibility, strength and affordability. 49 strand is the most flexible and the strongest. Within each strand count there are different diameters to suit the size bead and bead hole, i.e., 0.012-inch diameter is a great choice when working with cultured freshwater pearls and 0.024 is ideal for larger hole or heavier beads. Crimps are used to secure this beading wire to a finding once the beads have been strung on. The smaller diameter varieties of beading wire can also be knotted to finish the design.
For a long lanyard/badge holder choose from the variety of Accu-Flex for its flexibility and tensile strengths and to avoid permanent kinks when worn.
- Sandra Lupo, Jewelry Designer and Instructor and Swarovski crystal Ambassador
- Tigertail beading wire
- Accu-Flex Professional Quality Beading Wire
- Crimp beads
- Crimping pliers
- Badge holder supplies
- ''Using Crimp Tubes with Accu-Flex® Beading Wire'' how-to video and instructions
- ''Using Crimp Ends with Accu-Flex® Beading Wire'' how-to video and instructions
- Design inspirations from the Gallery of Designs: