The order should be:
- Choose a sterling silver clasp without a steel mechanism, such as a box clasp, S-hook or toggle clasp.
- Add a suitably sized clean open jumpring to the clasp and close securely for soldering. Prepare another ring for the other side of the clasp.
- Solder the jumprings individually with silver solder, flux and a butane torch, directing the heat to the rings only.*
- Clean the jumprings with pickle to remove oxides and polish the jumprings and clasp to bring back the shine.
- Add your finished beadwork with Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire and crimps or needle and thread directly to the soldered jumprings and clasp.
- Sandra Lupo, Jewelry Designer and Instructor and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Ambassador
- Sterling silver clasps
- Sterling silver jumprings
- Self-pickling flux for soldering
- Pickle compound
- Pickle pot
- Accu-Flex beading wire
- Crimp beads
- Beading needles
- Thread and cord