Jumpring mandrels and coil-cutting pliers are great for making your own jumprings. Check out the tools and resources listed below for more information.
Note: If you wish to create a great number of jumprings in any metal wire for chainmaille patterns, it would be best to use a motorized handtool and jumpring cutting system. This would quickly produce consistently cut jumprings in large quantities.
- Michelle Wood, Jewelry-Making Expert
- EURO TOOL® coil-cutting pliers
- Jeweler's saw
- Saw blades
- Jumpring mandrels
- Flush-cutter pliers
- Rotary tool
- ''Making Jumprings with Jumpring Mandrels'' how-to video and instructions
- ''Jeweler Saw Blade Sizes and Information'' chart
- ''Inserting a Saw Blade into a Jeweler's Saw Frame'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Opening a Jumpring'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Jumpring Jewelry'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Making Jumprings'' Ask the Experts question and answer