Oil Paste will indeed work for sterling silver, though it is recommend to use Overlay Paste instead. Overlay Paste is water-soluble making it easier to clean from tools and it doesn't need its own diluents like Oil Paste does. Another benefit is that Overlay Paste can be fired in a kiln at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit (Oil Paste needs a minimum of 1472 degrees Fahrenheit) which will help the sterling from oxidizing and becoming brittle.
- Katie Baum, Director Art Clay Society, Master Instructor Art Clay®
- Art Clay Silver 650 Overlay Paste
- Metal Clay supplies and tools
- Bezel strip, metal sheet, and solder
- Metalsmithing tools and supplies
- Metal clay books
- Metalsmithing books