Select a section of chain with a link size that will fit over the earring post of the stud. Cut the chain to the desired length and embellish the chain with the dangle design of your choice. Slip one end link of the chain over the stud post. Use a Mini Bead Hugger™ to keep the chain in place on the stud (optional). Now you are ready to wear your new dangle earstuds!
If the chain you want to use turns out to be too small to fit over the stud, consider adding a small jumpring to make it work.
Adding an earring jacket would also help with your design. Create the dangle as suggested above then connect the length of chain to a loop or opening in the earring jacket.
- Michelle Wood, Jewelry-Making Expert
- View embellished chain design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs:
- Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Green Amethyst Gemstone Beads and 14Kt Gold-Filled Chain
- Earrings with Cultured Freshwater Pearls, Sterling Silver Bead Caps and Sterling Silver Chain
- Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Seed Beads, ICE Resin® and Sterling Silver Beads, Components and Chain
- Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Links, Antiqued Vermeil Beads and 14Kt Gold-Filled Chain
- Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Agate Gemstone Beads and Sterling Silver Beads and Chain
- Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Celestial Crystal® Beads, Gold-Plated Brass Bead Caps and Gold-Plated Chain