- Bottle caps can be used as bezel cups. Fire Mountain offers new bottle cap findings, made in the USA, which are available in a variety of sizes and colors with no rubber liner. Recycled bottle caps can be stripped of their rubber liners and used as well. The use of cold connection techniques or filling the bottle caps with ICE Resin® will allow you to creatively add other recycled components into your bezel cups.
- Aluminum pop cans are easy to cut into a sheet with scissors, into shapes with punches or dyes and can be formed into a cup using dapping tools.
- Aluminum sheets can be textured and patterned using the Epic™ Six QuicKutz® embossing tool. Sharp edges can be smoothed out using needle files and a burnisher.
- Scrap aluminum is readily available in the form of cookware, machine parts and drink cans. Due to its low melting point, aluminum can be melted down for re-casting.
- Michelle Wood, Jewelry-Making Expert
- Sheet metal and bezel strips
- Bottle caps
- ICE Resin
- Epic Six QuicKutz embossing tool and embossing folders
- Sheet metal shears
- Dapping tools
- Bezel pusher
- Bezel roller
- ''Bezel Strips, How-To'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''How To Use ICE Resin®'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''How to use the Epic Six QuicKutz Embossing Tool'' illustrated instructions
- ''Creating an Old World Domed Pendant'' illustrated instructions
- ''Riveting With a Tube or Crimp Tube'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Setting a Cabochon with a Bezel Pusher and Burnisher'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Setting a Cabochon with a Bezel Roller and Burnisher'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Ring with Brass Focals, Czech Fire-Polished Glass Bead and Seed Beads'' project
- ''Ring with Sterling Silver Beads and Wire and Seed Beads'' project
- View bottle cap design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs