After converting the gauge and inside diameters into millimeters, simply multiply the gauge mm x2 then add that to the inside diameter to equal the outside diameter.
Outer Diameter - (Gauge x 2) = Inner Diameter
Inner Diameter + (Gauge x2) = OD
Note: Before measuring, make sure the opening of the jumpring is as closed as you can get it. This will help ensure an accurate measurement.
- Michelle Wood, Jewelry-Making Expert
- ''Wire Gauge to Inches and Millimeters Conversion'' chart
- ''Millimeters to Inches Conversion'' chart
- ''Inches to Millimeters Conversion'' chart
- ''Measuring with Calipers'' how-to video and illustrated instructions