Anodized refers to surface color that is applied to metal with an electric current. This process coats the metal and offers a wonderful palette of surface color. Care must be taken with anodized metals, such as aluminum, titanium and niobium, so the color is preserved; use covered tools so you do not to mar the surface color.
- Sandra Lupo, Metalsmith, Jewelry Instructor and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Ambassador
- View anodized design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs
- View oxidized design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs
- ''Using Patina Gel'' illustrated instructions
- ''Using Liver of Sulfur™'' illustrated instructions
- ''Anodized Metals'' Ask the Experts question and answer
- ''Oxidized Metals'' Ask the Experts question and answer