How to Enter
- At least 50% of product in the design must be available from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.
- The design must contain at least 50% of the featured product of the specific contest being entered.
See Design Examples at right →
- Submit a complete materials list of all products used in the design – size, color, material, shape and item number if available.
- Submit a clear color image of the design – either upload a digital file up to 300 dpi and no larger than 2 MB or mail an 8x10 inch photo. Up to 3 images may be submitted. See photo tips
- No purchase is necessary.
Eligibility and Limitations
- No more than 3 entries per contest, per person please.
- Entry(s) must be postmarked or emailed by contest deadline 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Winning designs from another jewelry contest may not be submitted.
- Once a design has been through the judging process, it may not be resubmitted to future Fire Mountain Gems and Beads Jewelry-Making Contests (Unless requested by the judging panel).
- Domestic and international submissions are accepted.
Countries not allowed at this time
- Entrants must be at least fifteen (15) years old at the time of entry.
- Employees of Fire Mountain Gems and Beads are ineligible.
- Entrants must sign a release form which allows Fire Mountain Gems and Beads unlimited use of the photographs of the submitted
design(s). Submission will constitute agreement.
- Regarding the use of any commercially purchased patterns, works of another artist used in the submitted design or any collaboration, entrants must document details on the entry packet.
The judging panel of Fire Mountain Gems and Beads will look at: level of difficulty, application of technique, wearability and artistic use of product.
- The initial judging is based on entry images.
- Design entries may be reassigned to a different contest category or a different contest. Entrants will be notified if this occurs.
- All entrants will be notified with a results letter (international entrants also receive an email).
- Design entries selected by the judges will move forward in the contest for further viewing and judging.
- The selected entrants will be requested to send in their design(s).
Tips on how best to package your entry
- Recommended: ship your design(s) using a trackable shipping method, insuring for the value of the contents with delivery confirmation. Shipping will be at the expense of the artist.
- Packaging materials sent in with design will not be returned.
- Designs may be in the care of Fire Mountain Gems and Beads for a period of 3 to 4 months. All designs will be returned upon completion, courtesy of Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.
- Include clasp or closure in photo
- Use simple background