Pearls of Wisdom
Wedding project ideas and style how-tos for brides, bridal jewelry designers and wedding planners.
Simply Glamorous Earrings
Creating wedding jewelry with high-impact glamour is an easy project. Shoulder duster earrings are a snap to make and add that special statement to a bride's big day. A popular choice for wedding jewelry components, Swarovski crystals offer that irresistible twinkle that appeals to brides and wedding guests.
Designed with Swarovski crystal squares and rondelles and finished with a crystal drop, these earrings make a luxurious statement. The shoulder dusters dangle near the collar bone, accentuating the neck line. These earrings look great for the big day, especially if the bride wears a dress with an embellished neckline or a diagonal sweep. Additionally, the earrings look great from the back when paired with an up-do or short hairstyle.
- Thread a Swarovski rondelle onto an eyepin. Finish the end with a simple loop. Repeat to make six double-loop rondelle links.
- Open twelve 4mm jumprings. Attach two at the top and two at the bottom of a 19mm Swarovski crystal square. Repeat for two other 19mm squares.
- Open the loop on one end of one double-loop rondelle link then add the ring of an earwire. Close the loop. Open the loop on the other end of the double-loop link then thread on the jumprings on one end of one Swarovski square. Close the loop.
- Open a loop on a second double-loop rondelle link then thread through the jumprings on the bottom of the Swarovski square connected to the earwire. Close the loop. Open the loop on the other end of the link then thread on the jumprings from a second Swarovski square. Close the loop.
- Repeat, adding a third double-loop rondelle link to the bottom of the second Swarovski square then connect the third square.
- Create a briolette wrapped loop for the Swarovski drop. Open a jumpring, thread on the briolette wrapped loop and the two bottom jumprings on the third crystal square. Close the jumpring.
- Repeat the entire process for the second earring.
- Swarovski crystal filigree square sew-on components
- Swarovski crystal rondelle beads
- Swarovski crystal polygon drops
- ''Making a Simple Loop'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''How to make a Briolette Wrapped Loop'' how-to video and instructions
- ''Opening a Jumpring'' how-to video and illustrated instructions