Pearls of Wisdom
Wedding project ideas and style how-to’s for brides, bridal jewelry designers and wedding planners.
Butterflies are a hot bridal trend for Spring/Summer 2013 and are landing in all things wedding: dresses, shoes, hairpieces, invitations, table and cake décor, favors and more. As a long-standing symbol of rebirth and transformation, a butterfly-themed wedding is a perfect way to symbolize the beginning of a new union. Butterflies come in many different shapes and colors, so this motif can be easily adapted to a multitude of wedding styles and color schemes. Here are some ideas for incorporating butterflies into the magical day.
With all eyes on the bride, some of the most prominent places for introducing butterflies is in the bridal jewelry, dress and accessories. Butterfly beads and components can be found in metal, filigree, glass, crystal, cloisonné, polymer clay and marcasite materials for a multitude of design options. Butterfly earwires can be used to create cascading earrings, and the colors of the wedding can be incorporated into the earring design. Easily add butterfly accents into jewelry designs with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS butterfly beads and butterfly charms.
Butterfly pendants and brooches can be the focal piece of a necklace or bracelet, be pinned onto dresses, on the front or side of wedding shoes and hairpieces for stunning style. Add Swarovski chatons to butterfly brooch pendants to coordinate with wedding colors, as seen in Design Idea #A601. Create butterfly wings with polymer clay for colorful and one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces. Find free instructions on making a Monarch butterfly cane, which can be used to create butterflies of all colors and shapes. Brides can subtly add butterflies by designing a butterfly-shaped bracelet in the wedding colors with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS. View free step-by-step instructions for this spectacular jewelry project.
Make simple pendant necklaces and charm bracelets with metal and cloisonné butterfly charms. Great for the bride and also perfect for bridal party and bridal shower gifts. Short on time? Shop a large selection of butterfly-themed finished jewelry, including toe rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings and more for additional gift ideas and jewelry accents. Gift the bridal party a butterfly toe ring and necklace as a pampering treat and find a special jewelry gift for the mother of the bride and groom. Wrap up butterfly gifts and favors in a fanciful selection of butterfly-themed gift bags for a beautiful presentation.
Here are more ideas for adding butterflies to weddings:
- Dress or veil embellishment--add butterflies to dress tulle with wire
- Embellish wine charms for guests to use and keep with butterfly charms
- Butterfly-shaped place card holders
- Iron-on butterfly embellishment on fabric, tablecloths and handkerchiefs
- Butterfly hair accessories--created with wire and seed beads
- Flower girls adorned in butterfly wings
- Wear a butterfly garter by adding a butterfly charm to a garter set
- Butterfly favors, such as butterfly-themed gift boxes and bags filled with candy
- Butterfly-shaped cake embellishment or cupcake toppers
- A live butterfly release at the wedding
Design with ...
- Swarovski butterfly beads
- Swarovski butterfly drops
- Swarovski butterfly links
- Butterfly brooches
- Butterfly beads and components
- Butterfly charms
- Butterfly earwires
- Butterfly filigree components
- Butterfly-themed finished jewelry
- Butterfly pendants
- Celestial Crystal® butterfly beads
- ''Making a Butterfly Cane'' illustrated instructions
- ''Double-Strand Bracelet with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS'' illustrated project
- ''Style Snapshot: The Meaning of Butterflies'' article