Why should you register and log in when many of the features of the Events Directory are available to non-members? There are several benefits:
- To set and receive e-mail notifications of upcoming beading events.
- Tosubmit an event
- To see a list of the shows you have signed up to receive notifications about.
How to Become a Member
- Click the "Register Now" link just above the login fields for existing members, in the center of the main Events Directory screen. An "Account Creation" screen will display. This screen also allows existing members to recover forgotten passwords and look up an existing account.
- "Click Here" to create a new account. The Fire Mountain Gems Account Creation screen will display:
- Complete all required fields and any optional fields you wish to fill out.
- Click the "Create Your Account" button.
- Your registration will be processed and you can proceed immediately to the Events Directory and access all features.
How to Search For An Event
There are multiple ways to search for an event:
- "Find an Event Near Me"
- Keyword Search
- Search by Location
- Search by Calendar Date.
Find an Event Near Me
To quickly get a list of events in your area:
- Enter your ZIP Code in the Zip field.
- Select the distance from your ZIP Code that you would like to see events for: 50, 150, or 300 miles
- Click "Search." A list of events corresponding to your selection will be displayed.
To search by keyword, simply type in any word or words you think will appear in either the title or the description of the event you're looking for and click "Search." Note that all the words you include in the search must appear if the event is to be found. If you include a word that does not appear in the event title or description, it will not be found (even if the other words do appear).
Search by Location
The "Search by Location" window has multiple fields in which you can specify search criteria. In order to obtain the most relevant search results, you can combine methods to narrow your search: simply complete as many search fields (ZIP Code, state, event category, date) as you wish. The more fields you complete, the more specific your search.
To display the "Search by Location" window, simply click "Search by Location" in the right-hand column of the main Events Directory page. A pop-up window will be displayed:
- Search by zip code to find the shows in that zip code. Only a single ZIP Code may be searched at one time.
- Search by state with the drop-down box. Note that if you wish to search for shows in an entire state, you must leave the ZIP Code search field blank.
- Search by category of events with the category drop-down box.
You can also select a date range and display any events falling within that range. Simply select a month, day, and year from both the "From Date" and To Date" fields in the "Search by Location" window and click "Search." All shows that fall within the selected date range will be displayed in the main Events Directory page.
Results will be displayed on the main Events Directory page.
Search by Calendar Date
To search for all events on a selected date:
- Click "Search by Calendar Date" in the right-hand column of the main Events Directory page. A pop-up window containing a calendar will be displayed:
- Select the month for which you would like to search for events by using the arrow buttons on either side of the month and year label at the top of the calendar. Click the left-facing arrows for back, right-facing arrows for forward.
- Click on the desired date in the calendar or select the month, day, and year from the drop-down menus just underneath the calendar.
- Click the "Show Date" button. Shows for that date will be displayed in the main Events Directory page.
How To Be Notified of an Event
- Log in (or register, if you are not already a registered user). You must be registered and logged in to designate an event for notification.
- Search for the event of your choice (see: "How To Search for an Event").
Click the NOTIFY ME button to the upper right of the event listing:
You need do nothing further to receive notification for the selected event - notification is automatic.
- You will receive an e-mail notification of the designated event two days prior to the start of the event and a follow-up on the morning of the first day of the event. These notifications will be sent to the e-mail address specified when you created your Member account.
How To Remove an Event Notification
- Log in. You must be logged in to remove an event notification.
- Search for the event for which you no longer wish to receive a notification (see: "How To Search for an Event"). Or, click on the "My Events button, then click on the"View Events I Have Requested to be Notified About" link.
Click the REMOVE NOTIFY button in the event listing:
How to print an event listing
- Select the event for which you would like to print (see "How To Search for an Event").
- Click the PRINT EVENT button:
A pop-up window displaying a printer-friendly summary of the event details will display:
- Depending on your browser, you can either follow the screen prompts or click "Ctrl + P" ("Command + P" on a Mac) to send the listing to your printer.
How to Submit an Event
- If you have not previously registered, you must do so. Only registered users can submit events to the Events Directory.
- Log in.
- Click the "Submit a Listing" hyperlink in the Member Information cell.
The following information should be provided:
- Name of event
- Days (use calendar to right of form box to select the dates)
- Event hours (all hours during which your event will be open to the public)
- Categories (click up to 3 categories that apply; you must select at least one category)
- Admission Fees (please type "free" if there are no admission fees)
- Description (let us know as much as you can about your event!)
- Contact Information (let us know who will receive inquiries about the show and how to get in touch with them)
- Venue/location (this is the building in which the event is being held)
- Address (it is important to give a complete street address if you are going to use MapQuest, below)
- Region (Northwest, Great Lakes, New England, etc.)
- Postal code (US and Canada only)
- Driving directions (pertinent information on how to find your event)
- Link to a map (if you have one on your own website)
- Or would you like to use MapQuest? (this will automatically provide a map to your event)
- Additional Information (click all that apply . . . the more information about your show, the better!)
- Click "Submit Listing."
What Happens After an Event Listing is Submitted
Your event listing will be submitted to Fire Mountain Gems for approval (you will receive an e-mail notification that your submission has been received). When the event has been proofed and approved for posting to the Events Directory you will receive a second e-mail notification telling you the event has been posted.
You are welcome to change your listing if event information changes. Simply login, and then click on SHOW MY EVENTS. From this point you can also delete the event if it has been cancelled. Keep in mind that each time you make changes to your event it is re-submitted and will go through the approval process again.
Every time you visit the Events Directory (and each time you refresh the page), you'll see a new list of upcoming beading events.