Keep your finished jewelry line fashion-forward with the latest style how-to's -- dependable designing information to spark your creativity while saving you time and money.
Accessorize in Go Green!
More than a color, it's a lifestyle.
Eco-awareness has brought new meaning to fashion-conscious. Designers are opting for earth-friendly products and recycled materials to lead their lines, with green being a primary color choice... and EVERYTHING is embellished with beads, beads and more beads!
How to wear the style:
Lively shades of green, from neon-like chartreuse and 1960s lime to dark olive and emerald, add punch to apparel and accessories. Accent your greens with neutral shades of brown, black, navy and pomegranate.
Unconstructed details are key -- raw, unfinished edges, reversible seams and wide, hand-stitched trim. Braided hemp and leather cord necklaces, bracelets and belts, accented with hammered metal discs are earthy additions to green canvas.
Subtle sparkle adds vitalizing flash to organic materials. Swarovski® crystal components in emerald, peridot, olivine, lime and khaki bring tone-on-tone color to the eco-greens in this trend.
- Swarovski® crystal in palace green opal, emerald, peridot, olivine and chrysolite
- Moss agate, apple green chalk turquoise, and green mother-of-pearl shell beads
- Aventurine, green apple chrysoprase and malachite gemstone beads
- Hill Tribes silver beads -- the bigger the better
- Braided or multi-layered hemp cord
- Carved wood components
- Nature motifs, especially leaves, birds and monkeys
- Faux tortoise shell
- Horn and bone beads
- Tigereye and African "jade" gemstone beads
- Painted wood-beaded fringe
- Textured metal findings
- Raw, unfinished edges
- Recycled elements including aluminum cans, bottle caps and plastic lids
- Sustainable slogans promoting your cause
- Braided leather cord
- Brass and copper embellishments
- Black patent leather or dark brown suede cord