Watch with Marcasite Face and Czech Pressed Black Heart Glass Beads
-- Designer --
Arbel, Advertising Designer, Marketing Administration GroupTo learn more about Arbel Shemesh, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
A beautiful baroque style marcasite watch face and clasp meet up with Czech pressed glass beads to make a keepsake timepiece. Black glasswork and radiant sterling silver make for a classic color combination. All you need are the right pliers and your creativity.
A few tips before you begin:
- I like to prepare several beads on headpins in advance, this makes for good work flow.
- Always string heart beads on from the bottom, this way they will all be facing the same direction.
- Once you have hooked the headpin to the chain you can pick the whole thing up by the headpin and will not lose your place on the chain.
Add the length of the watch face and clasp together (the watch face and clasp shown equal 2-1/4 inches). Determine the length you would like your watch to be, then subtract the watch face and clasp measurement. Divide the answer by 2 to determine the length of chain you need for either side of the band. Cut your two lengths of chain; set one aside.
Attaching the beads on the sides of the chain:
Tip: I suggest leaving a few links on the end of one length of chain free and then using this end to attach the bar portion of your toggle clasp (Step 10). This will give you freedom to pull the toggle bar and chain through the toggle without beads getting in the way.
Now you're ready to attach the parts of the bracelet together.
Enjoy your watch!
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.