Triple-Strand Necklace with Embroidered Brooch/Pendant and Gold Chain
-- Designer --
Sherry SerafiniTo learn more about Sherry Serafini, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
This vintage-like brooch doubles as a pendant. Wear as is to accent your lapel, or string onto a chain or cord of your choice for a fashionable necklace. Cool colors are perfect for every season.
Cut Lacy's Stiff Stuff beading medium to a 2x2-inch square. Using a dowel or toothpick glue the cabochon in the center of the beading medium; allow the glue to dry.
Backstitch around the cabochon with the size 15 seed beads. (see below for instructions on the backstitch)
Stitch the 4mm turquoise beads onto the beading foundation using the backstitch method, going through the larger beads twice to secure.
Following the curve of the cabochon, stitch bugle beads on using the backstitch method stitching to the end of the second row of size 15 seed beads.
Carefully cut out the brooch as close to the beading as possible taking care not to cut the threads.
Cut the leather to a 2x2-inch square. Using the pencil, make marks on the leather indicating where the pin back finding openings will go.
Slide the leather over the finding.
Pass the needle up through the leather and through the beadwork edge.
Pass the other needle through the picot point on the immediate left of the three center picot points.
- Add two beads and pull them down to the foundation, laying them in the direction you want them to go.
- Pass your needle down through the foundation next to where the second bead rests, pulling all the thread and beads down tight to the foundation.
- Then pass the needle back up from the underside of the beadwork where your first bead was strung.
- Pass your needle through the beads one more time exiting the second bead.
- String on two more beads and pass the needle down through the foundation against the 4th bead.
- Come back up between the 1st and 2nd beads, pass through the 2nd, 3rd and 4th beads again, and string on two more beads. Continue on in this manner.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.