Ice Cream Cone Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Gold-Plated Cone Beads
Strawberry Ice Cream
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Senior Customer Advocate, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
String onto a headpin:
Place your round-nose pliers, horizontally, above the 3mm bicone near the top of the headpin. Bend the headpin to a 90 degree angle. Turn the pliers so they are now vertical in the angled section. Bring the tip of the headpin up and over the top of the barrel of the pliers so the wire is now facing downward.
Turn the pliers so they are horizontal again. Continue to bring the tip of the headpin around the barrel so the wire is now formed in a loop and the end is back out and at a 90 degree angle.
Open the loop slightly. Slip the opened loop through the loop on the bottom of the earwire. Close the loop on the headpin, capturing the earwire.
Remove the round-nose pliers. Grip across the loop with the chain-nose pliers. Grip the tip of the headpin with the flat-nose pliers and wrap the headpin around the straight length of wire below the loop, making approximately three tightly wound wraps.
Repeat Steps 1 - 3 to make the second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.