Ring with Apoxie® and Swarovski Crystal Xilion Chaton
-- Designer --
Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tammy Honaman, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
Mix Two-Part Epoxy
Mark one pack A and the other B. Slice off equal amounts from packs A and B. Roll into similarly-sized round shapes. Then knead parts A and B together for exactly two minutes.
Note: When mixing is complete, color will be uniform throughout.
Note: Wrap remaining components of Apoxie® sculpt in an airtight package.
Shape and Adhere
Ensure the surface you are applying Apoxie® sculpt is free of dust, dirt and oil. Work into your desired setting or onto the embellishment surface.
Note: To aid manipulation and avoid sticking, fingers and tools should be kept moistened with water.
Designing and Curing
Use tweezers to set flat back crystals or other stones into the Apoxie® sculpt which remains pliable for up to 2 - 3 hours. Dries at room temperature in 3 - 4 hours, and cures in 5 - 10 hours, depending on the thickness.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.