Multi-Strand Necklace with Kumihimo Mousetail Cord, Silver-Plated Brass Charms and Hill Tribes Silver-Plated Copper Pendant
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Two 5-inch lengths of 20-gauge nickel silver wire
- Two 4-inch lengths of silver-finished 13x9mm twisted cable chain
Separate out the green cords and place them into the kumihimo disk. Braid the green cords in a basic 8-cord pattern for 12 inches. Remove the disk from the cords and temporarily secure the end of the braid.
Separate out the blue cords and place them into the kumihimo disk. Braid the blue cords in a basic 8-cord pattern for 13.5 inches. Remove the disk from the cords and temporarily secure the end of the braid.
Separate out the yellow cords and place them into the kumihimo disk. Braid the yellow cords in a basic 8-cord pattern for 5 inches. Remove the yellow cords from the disc. String onto all eight lengths of yellow cord the loop on one silver-plated 53mm wavy flower pendant. Position the pendant 1/2 inch down onto the end of the braided portion of the cords. Place the yellow cords back into the kumihimo disk and continue weaving the cord in the basic 8-cord pattern for 4 inches.
Repeat Steps 8 and 9 to attach one antiqued silver-plated 15.5x15.5mm cone, one silver-plated 5mm heishi bead, one silver-plated 4mm heishi bead and one silver-plated 3mm round bead to the opposite end of the woven cord necklace.
Repeat to attach the bar portion of the toggle clasp to the second 4-inch length of chain and the wrapped loop on the opposite end of the woven cord.
Repeat to attach a butterfly on the woven cord 2-1/2 inches from the bead cone.
Repeat to attach two butterflies to the opposite side of the necklace.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.