Bib-Style Necklace and Earring Set with Cupchain, Jeweler's Bronze Sheet and Sterling Silver Charms
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- One 13-inch length of silver-plated 8mm double cable chain
- One 12-inch, one 9-inch and five 21-cup lengths of silver-finished 2mm cupchain
Draw a template out on paper to allow for proper placement of the cutouts. The crescent shape measures 6x2.5 inches. Starting 1 inch from the outside edge cut a 4-inch long by 1/2 inch deep curve in the top of the crescent. Draw a 16mm circle in the center of the crescent 1/4 inch from the top edge. Place a 16mm circle 1 inch to the right and to the left of the center circle 1/4 inch from the top edge. Place two 16mm circles along the bottom edge of the crescent centered between the three circles on the top edge.
Repeat to cut out the remaining four circle cutouts.
Repeat to punch five holes along the 1-inch straight edge on the left side of the crescent and five holes along the 1-inch straight edge on the right side of the crescent.
Repeat to punch one hole above each of the 16mm circles punched out on the crescent focal piece.
Repeat to attach the 12-inch length of chain along the bottom edge of the crescent, and a 21-cup length of chain around the edge of each of the five circle cutouts.
Repeat to attach the second D-ring clasp and the second section of chainmaille to the right top edge of the crescent.
Repeat to attach the last link on the 13-inch length of silver-plated 8mm double cable chain to the loop on the bar portion of the toggle clasp.
Repeat to drill one 1mm hole 1/8 inch the bottom edge.
Repeat to drill two 1mm holes on the second 16mm disc.
Repeat to attach an 8-cup length of cupchain along the left front edge of the disc, and two 8-cup lengths of cupchain around the left and right edge of the back of the disc.
Repeat to attach four 8-cup lengths of cupchain on the front and back of the second 15.9mm brass disc.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.