Item Number: H20-3530BK
Have a question about this item?
The key to author Joe Silvera's approach is a handheld butane torch that is safe to use in any home or apartment. Joe demonstrates how this easy to use torch can solder nearly any small scale jewelry project with success.
Start small, making earring and simple shapes, and progress to challenging constructions including a box clasp and rings. You'll be amazed at the jewelry you can make.
• Learn all about the tools and materials you'll need for a home setup.
• Read about and practice fundamental soldering techniques, from the basics of fueling to key skills such as pick soldering.
• Review related metalworking techniques-drilling polishing, using a jeweler's saw and more.
• Learn by doing as you make 12 charming jewelry projects.
• Create earrings, charms, pendants, rings and a clasp.
• Get bonus information on bezel setting and ring sizing.
Softcover, full color, 112 pages
Book size: 10-3/4x8-1/4 inches
Level: Intermediate to advanced
Books are shrink-wrapped and are returnable if unopened.
About the author: Joe Silvera has more than 20 years of experience in metalworking as a goldsmith, wax model-maker, and jewelry designer. He now devotes all of his time to teaching, passing on the traditions and techniques of his craft and sharing the joy with his students. He is the author of Soldering Made Simple (Kalmbach Books, 2010) and is featured on the companion DVD of the same name.