Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Pearls and Czech Pressed Glass Beads
Brought to you by:
Burgundy and Gold
-- Designer --
Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Tammy Honaman, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech pressed glass, purple bronze, 16x6mm teardrop (2 beads)
- Bead, 14Kt gold-filled, 2.5mm smooth round (2 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, burgundy, 8mm round (2 pearls)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, bright gold, 8mm round (2 pearls)
- Jumpring, gold-filled, 4mm round, 20.5 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earclip, gold-plated steel, 16mm with open loop (1 pair)
- Chain, 14Kt gold-filled, 1.25mm flat cable, 16-inch
- Pliers, nipper
- Headpins, gold (6 headpins)
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
No one will ever guess that these delicate earrings are clip-ons! The gold-filled chains cascade softly from the findings and camouflage the telltale clip.
Slide a teardrop bead and a gold round bead onto a headpin. Use round-nose pliers to form a loop above top bead. Trim excess wire.
Slide a gold pearl onto a headpin. Form a loop above pearl. Trim excess wire. Repeat with a burgundy pearl.
Cut a 2-inch length of chain. Open loops on pearl headpins and attach one to each end of chain. Close loops with chain-nose pliers.
Open a jumpring and slide on beaded headpin from Step 1. Slide on the sixth link in from gold pearl end of chain, giving the illusion of two chains. Attach jumpring to clip-on earring finding. Close jumpring.
Repeat Steps 1 - 4 to create second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.