Multi-Strand Bracelet with Seed Beads and Swarovski Crystal Beads
-- Designer --
Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tammy Honaman, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, rose, 4mm Xilion bicone (5328) (50 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, padparadscha, 4mm Xilion bicone (5328) (50 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, padparadscha AB, 4mm Xilion bicone (5328) (50 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light rose AB, 8x8mm faceted cube (5601)
- Fringe bead, glass, matte rainbow red (300 beads)
- Seed bead, glass, clear red, 3.5x3mm fringe (300 beads)
- Seed bead, Matsuno, glass, transparent rainbow root beer, #8 round (80 beads)
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites™, glass, frosted AB ruby red, #11 round hole
- Seed bead, glass, fancy salmon, #15 rocaille
- Seed bead, glass, fancy light pink, #15 rocaille
- (you'll have leftovers of all the above)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 4x2.5mm tube, 1mm inside diameter (4 crimps)
- Clasp, sterling silver, 22x16mm spiral wire toggle (2 clasps)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex®, clear, 49 strand, 0.012-inch diameter
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, size D, red
- Beeswax or thread conditioner of your choice
- Pliers, chain-nose
Capture the look of live coral formations with this glittering bracelet that can double as a choker. Swarovski crystal adds sparkle and elegance. This piece has a remarkable tactile feel in the hand and is a joy to wear.
Creating the core:
You have completed the core of your fringe bracelet and are now ready to begin adding fringe.
Adding the fringe:
You've just created your first fringe.
The size 15 will be your stop bead and hold your fringe in place.
Add fringe-bead and crystal fringe down the entire length of the core to complete the third row of fringe.
Is your bracelet full enough? If so, you can stop here. If not, add another row of fringe. Continue to create up to five full rows of fringe.
When you're done, trim all thread ends.
Creating the second bracelet:
You have completed the second bracelet--wear it on your wrist with the fringed bracelet, or link corresponding halves of the toggles and wear around your neck for a dramatic choker!
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.