Multi-Strand Bracelet with Seed Beads and Pearl Drops / Seed Beads and Amethyst Drops
-- Designer --
Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tammy Honaman, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Red Seed Bead Bracelet with Pearl Drops:
- Czech seed beads, iris metallic rose
- Pearl, cultured freshwater, white lotus, 6mm potato
- Headpins, sterling silver, 22 gauge, 1-1/2 inches
- Tube with loop, sterling silver smooth, 1.1mm hole
- Clasp, 5-strand sterling silver
- Nymo beading thread, red, size D
- Beading needles, #12, 1-3/16 inches
- Speedy Stringer™ bowl with 1-inch needle
- Peridot Seed Bead Bracelet with Drops:
- Delica seed beads, peridot
- Bead, Amethyst, faceted ovals
- Sterling silver tube, smooth
- Clasp, sterling silver, 5-strand slide
- Spacer bar, sterling silver and peridot 5-hole
- Headpins, Hill Tribes silver
- Beading thread, Nymo D, light tan
- Beading needle, #12
- Tools used for both designs:
- Scissors, 4-inch
- Pliers, OHM short round-nose
- Pliers, OHM short chain-nose
Red Seed Bead Multi-Strand Bracelet with Pearl Drops
|Thread a pearl onto a headpin and make a simple loop above the pearl. Repeat step until 22 pearl drops are complete.|
|Following the Speedy Stringer instructions, string approximately one inch of seed beads.|
|Pass the needle through the top loop of the first end of the clasp two times to secure. Begin stringing a third length of seed beads, randomly spacing tube beads as you go. Make sure the pearls in this strand alternate from the pearls in the first strand.|
|Pass the needle through the top loop of the other clasp end. String a strand of seed beads without any pearls. Pass the needle through the second loop on the first clasp end two times to secure.|
|After securing the last row of seed beads to the last loop on the clasp, knot the thread. Remove the Speedy Stringer needle and replace with the #12 needle. Work the needle and thread through the strands of seed beads, knotting at the end of each strand. Once the thread is shorter than the length of one strand of seed beads, trim the thread.|
Peridot Seed Bead Bracelet with Drops
|Thread an amethyst oval bead onto a headpin. Begin a wrapped loop, but before completing the wrap, slip the headpin loop through the loop of a tube bead. Close the loop of the headpin and complete the wrap. Repeat to complete 30 amethyst drops.|
- String a few peridot Delica beads and add a sterling silver tube bead with amethyst dangle.
- Continue stringing Delica beads until you've strung approximately 1-1/4 inches.
- Thread through the top hole of one spacer bar.
- Continue stringing Delica beads and sterling silver tube beads for another 1-1/4 inches.
- Thread through the top hole of a second spacer bar.
- Continue stringing Delica beads and sterling silver tube beads for another 1-1/2 inches and thread through the top hole of a third spacer bar.
- Continue stringing Delica beads and sterling silver tube beads for another 1-1/4 inches and thread through the top hole of a fourth spacer bar.
- Continue stringing Delica beads and sterling silver tube beads for another 1-1/4 inches and pass the thread through the top loop of the other clasp end.
|After securing the last row of seed beads to the last loop of the clasp, knot the thread. Work the needle and remaining thread back through the strands of seed beads, knotting at the end of each strand. Once the thread gets to be shorter than the length of the bracelet, trim the thread.|
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.