Snowman Earrings with Czech Glass Beads and Swarovski Crystal Beads
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Senior Customer Advocate, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 6mm cube (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 10mm flower (2 beads)
- Bead, Czech glass druk, white opaque, 6mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, Czech glass druk, opaque white, 8mm round (2 beads)
- Bead cap, gold-plated brass, 6mm ribbed (2 beads)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 2-inches, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Earwire, gold-plated stainless steel, flat fishhook with 3x2mm coil, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, side-cutting
|For the Czech Glass Snowman Earrings:
Using 1 of the headpins, string the crystals in the following order:
|Place your round-nose pliers, horizontally, above the 6x6mm cube near the top of the headpin. Bend the headpin to a 90 degree angle. Turn the pliers so they are now vertical in the angled section.
Bring the tip of the headpin up and over the top barrel of the pliers so the wire is now facing downward.
Turn the pliers so they are horizontal again. Continue to bring the tip of the headpin around the barrel so the wire is now formed in a loop and the end is back out a 90 degree angle.
|Remove the round-nose pliers. Grip across the loop with the chain-nose pliers. Grip the tip of the headpin with flat-nose pliers and wrap the headpin around the straight length of wire below the loop, making approximately three tightly wound wraps.|
|Using the side-cutting pliers, trim any excess wire, then press in the cut end with chain-nose pliers.|
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''Making a Wrapped Loop and Double-Wrapped Loop'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.