Bib-Style Necklace and Earring Set with Gold-Plated Drops and Focals, Mountain "Jade" Cabochons and Seed Beads
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 2.5mm smooth round (144 beads)
- Focal, gold-plated filigree, 38x18mm (6 focals)
- Drop, gold-plated brass, 17x13mm oval bezel cup with serrated edge and solid back, fits 16x12mm oval cabochon or flat-backed crystal (8 drops)
- Drop, gold-plated brass, 26x19mm oval bezel cup with serrated edge and solid back, fits 25x18mm oval cabochon or flat-backed crystal (8 drops)
- Cabochon, mountain ''jade,'' red, 16x12mm oval (8 cabochons)
- Cabochon, mountain ''jade,'' green, 25x18mm oval (8 cabochons)
- Finding, gold-plated brass, 15x8mm 3-row filigree cluster (64 findings)
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, matte opaque brick red, #11 round (288 seed beads)
- Clasp, hook-and-eye, gold-plated brass, 14x10mm single flat wire (1 clasp)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 1-inch, 24 gauge (144 headpins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated, 4mm round, 20 gauge (137 jumprings)
- Earnut, gold-plated brass, comfort clutch (2 earnuts)
- Earstud, gold-plated brass and stainless steel, 8mm half ball with closed loop (2 earstuds)
- Chain, gold-plated steel, 4.8x3.3mm cable
- Adhesive, epoxy, Devcon Jeweler's 5-minute, 2-part
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Continue to connect the following components using a 4mm jumpring in between each component:
- Three gold-plated 38x18mm filigree teardrops (loop end first)
- One 4-1/2 inch length of gold-plated 4.8x3.3mm chain
- Three gold-plated 38x18mm filigree teardrops (bottom end first)
- One 2-inch length of gold-plated 4.8x3.3mm chain
- Eye portion of the clasp
Repeat to attach the third loops on the first and second 16x12mm red mountain ''jade'' drops.
Repeat to attach the second and third loops on all of the adjoining 16x12mm red mountain ''jade'' drops across the necklace.
Repeat to attach the fourth loops on all of the adjoining 25x18mm green mountain ''jade'' drops across the necklace.
Repeat to attach three brick red seed bead drops to the seventh, eighth and ninth loop on the bottom of each of the 25x18mm green mountain ''jade'' drops.
Repeat to attach three brick red seed bead drops to the first heart-shaped loop on the outer edge of the first gold-plated 38x18mm filigree teardrop. Repeat to attach three brick red seed bead drops to the first, second, third and fourth heart-shaped loops on the outer edge of each of the gold-plated 38x18mm filigree teardrops on both sides of the necklace.
Repeat to attach three brick red seed bead drops to the seventh, eighth and ninth loops on the bottom of the 25x18mm green mountain ''jade'' drop.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.