Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Copper Beads, Seed Beads and Antiqued Copper-Plated Pewter Chain
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, copper, purple with iridescent finish, 10mm brushed round (8 beads)
- Bead, copper, purple with iridescent finish, 14mm brushed round (4 beads)
- Seed bead, Czech glass, metallic gold, #11 round
- Headpin, copper, 2-inch, 22 gauge (12 headpins)
- Jumpring, antiqued copper-plated brass, 5mm round, 22 gauge (14 jumprings)
- Clasp, toggle, antiqued copper pewter (tin-based alloy), 23x16mm fancy round (1 clasp)
- Earwire, copper, 23mm fishhook with coil and 2mm ball, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, antiqued copper-plated steel, 4.8x3.3mm cable
- Wire, Wrapit, bright copper, dead soft, round, 28 gauge
- Wire, Zebra Wire, natural copper, round, 18 gauge
- Adhesive, Vigor Super Glue
- Wax paste, Gilders Paste, Inca gold
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- One 3-inch length and one 6-inch length of natural copper 18-gauge round Zebra Wire™
- Seven 24-inch lengths of bright copper 28-gauge round Wrapit® wire
- Two 8-inch lengths of antiqued copper-plated 4.8x3.3mm cable chain
Form a simple loop on the end of one 6-inch length of Zebra Wire. Measure 1-1/2 inches from the loop and wrap the wire two times around the 3-inch wire at the bend of the L-shape. Gently curve the remaining length of wire into an arc. Form a simple loop on the opposite end of the wire.
Repeat on the 6-inch Zebra Wire until there are sixteen strands of seed beads on each side of the wire on the 1-1/2 inch portion and thirty-four strands of seed beads on each side on the 4-inch curved portion of the wire. Decrease the seed beads in number to graduate the leaf pattern.
Repeat to attach the second 8-inch length of cable chain to the toggle bar portion of the clasp and the loop on the right side of the 6-inch length of Zebra Wire.
Repeat Step 2 to create the second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.