Double-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal and Polished Hemp Cord
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 8mm Xilion bicone (5 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 12x8mm rondelle (16 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 18x12mm rondelle (1 bead)
- Focal, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 38mm disk (1 focal)
- Crimp, JBB Findings, gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 6x4mm with loop and 2.5mm inside diameter (3 crimps)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 2-1/2 inch, 21 gauge (4 eyepins)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 3-inch, 21 gauge (5 headpins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 6.5x5mm oval, 18 gauge (12 jumprings)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated brass, 12x7mm (1 clasp)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 16mm plain leverback with 7x2mm shield and open loop (2 earwires)
- Cord, polished hemp, natural color, 20-pound test
- Knot template, resin, green, 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 inch, flower
- Knot template, resin, red, 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 inches, ball
- Adhesive, Vigor Super Glue
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
Repeat to attach four Swarovski crystal 12mm rondelles one inch apart on the first strand then repeat to attach four Swarovski crystal 12mm rondelles to the second strand.
Repeat to attach a cord end to the second strand.
Repeat to attach three Swarovski crystal 12mm rondelles one inch apart on the first strand then repeat to attach three Swarovski crystal 12mm rondelles to the second strand.
Open the loop on an 8mm bicone bead drop. Pass it though the loop on the cord end at the center of the strands (attached in Step 8). Close the loop.
Repeat to attach a chain of eleven 6.5x5mm oval jumprings and the 8mm bicone wrapped bead drop to the cord end on the second strand (attached in Step 6).
Open the opposite loop on the 8mm bicone beading link. Pass it though the loop on a hemp cord beading link. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the hemp cord beading link. Pass it though the loop on a 12mm rondelle wrapped bead drop. Close the loop.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.