Ring with Glitter, ICE Resin®, Gunmetal-Plated Pewter Spacers and Gold-Finished Brass Chain
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Spacer, gunmetal-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 11x3mm double-eye bar with 8.5mm base (24 spacers)
- Spacer, gunmetal-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 13x12mm 2-strand open rectangle with 8.5mm between holes (1 spacer)
- Powercord, elastic, clear, 1mm
- Chain, gold-finished brass, 1.5mm faceted ball chain, 18-inch
- Wire, anodized aluminum, silver, 4x1.2mm flat
- Sheet, jeweler's bronze, half-hard with mirror finish, 6x6-inch square, 28 gauge
- Glitter, assorted Christmas theme colors
- Glitter, assorted Halloween theme colors
- Jeweler's grade resin, ICE Resin 2-part formula, crystal clear
- Adhesive, Epoxy, Devcon Jeweler's 5-minute, 2-part
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Lighting tools
Take care to fill all the gaps in the bezel setting using the epoxy. Apply the epoxy to the outer angle with a toothpick a small section at a time to make it manageable. Apply a generous amount to the inside to prevent leaks.
This will help ensure no leaks when the ICE Resin® is poured into the bezel. Set aside and allow epoxy to cure fully.
Mix the ICE Resin per the manufacturer's instructions, add the glitter mix to the ICE Resin. Carefully pour the liquid with glitter into the bezel, trying not to disturb the parts you assembled. Pour until almost full. Let the liquid settle and see if you are happy with the height of the liquid. The liquid will spill over the edge, so be careful.
Tip: If you want a domed surface pour the liquid until the bezel is almost full then let it set for 5+ hours. Mix and pour a second layer of ICE Resin. Check the liquid for bubbles. Place a task light close to the bezel to help bring any bubbles to the surface. If any appear, use a toothpick to pop them as they reach the surface. This layer will not only create a domed look to the finished design but also offer a magnified view.
Let the bezel sit flat and undisturbed overnight.
If any liquid spilled over the edge, wait until the ICE Resin has cured and peel it off. You can use your fingernail, a fine-edged tool or craft knife--work carefully!
Allow 24 hours to completely set.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.