Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Kumihimo Mousetail Cord and Chain, Epoxy and Silver-Plated Brass Drops and Celestial Crystal® Beads
-- Designer --
Esther, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Celestial Crystal, black, 4mm bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Celestial Crystal, black, 8mm round (7 beads)
- Drop mix, epoxy and silver-plated brass, mixed colors, 12x12mm double-sided star (25 drops)
- Cone, glass, opaque black with silver-colored foil, 14x14mm with confetti pattern, 9mm inside diameter (2 cones)
- Cone, glass, opaque black with silver-colored foil, 14x14mm with wavy line pattern, 9mm inside diameter (1 cone)
- Cord end, glass, opaque black with silver-colored foil, 11x11mm with confetti pattern, 5mm inside diameter (1 cord end)
- Cord end, glass, opaque black with silver-colored foil, 11x11mm with wavy line pattern, 5mm inside diameter (2 cord ends)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 22 gauge (15 jumprings)
- Clasp, toggle, gold-plated brass, 16mm plain round (1 clasp)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated brass, 18x12mm (1 clasp)
- Earclip, gold-plated steel, 16mm with half-ball and open loop (2 earclips)
- Chain, silver-finished steel, 2.2mm cable
- Chain, gold-finished brass, 3x2.5mm cable
- Chain, gold-plated steel, 4.8x3.3mm cable
- Cord, mousetail, satin, dark grey, 1.5mm
- Wire, Zebra Wire, brass, gold color, round, 22 gauge
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive
- Kumihimo disk, foam, white and black, 6-inch round with 1-1/2 inch inside hole and 32 slots
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Five 4-inch lengths of 22-gauge brass Zebra Wire™
- One 1-3/4 inch length, three 3-3/4 inch lengths, three 4-1/2 inch lengths, three 5-1/4 inch lengths and two 65-inch lengths of gold-finished 3x2.5mm cable chain
- Three 4-3/4 inch lengths and three 4-inch lengths of silver-finished 2.2mm cable chain
- One 1-inch length of gold-plated 4.8x3.3mm cable chain
Repeat to attach one 14x14mm glass cone and one 8mm faceted round black glass bead to the opposite end of the woven cord necklace and finish with a wrapped loop.
Open a 5.5mm jumpring. Pass it through the loop on the lobster claw clasp and the first link on a 1-inch length of gold-plated 4.8x3.3mm cable chain and the first link on a 1-3/4 inch length of gold-finished 3x2.5mm cable chain. Close the jumpring.
Open a 5.5mm jumpring. Pass it through the last link on a 1-inch length of gold-plated 4.8x3.3mm cable chain and the wrapped loop on a tassel. Close the jumpring. Repeat to attach the last tassel to the last link on the 1-3/4 inch length of gold-finished 3x2.5mm cable chain.
- Two 4-inch lengths of 22-gauge brass Zebra Wire
- Two 2-1/2 inch lengths, two 3-inch lengths and two 3-1/2 inch lengths of gold-finished 3x2.5mm cable chain
- Two 2-3/4 inch lengths and two 3-1/4 inch lengths of silver-finished 2.2mm cable chain
Open the opposite loop on the 4mm bicone black glass beading link. Pass it through the wrapped loop on the tassel. Close the loop.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.