Bracelet with Leatherette Bola Cord, Antiqued Copper-Finished "Pewter" Bead and Wire Wrap
-- Designer --
Taylor, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, antiqued copper, 8x2mm beaded rondelle (2 beads)
- Bead, antiqued copper-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 10x10mm cylinder, 3.5mm hole (1 bead)
- Cord end, JBB Findings, antiqued copper-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 8.5x6mm cone, 4mm inside diameter (2 cord ends)
- Jumpring, antiqued copper-plated brass, 6mm round, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Clasp, lobster claw, copper-plated brass, 11.5x8mm (1 clasp)
- Bola cord, leatherette, tan, 3.5-4mm wide
- Cord, leather, natural, 1mm
- Wire, Wrapit, bright copper, dead soft, round, 26 gauge
- Adhesive, Loctite 409 Gel
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Two 4-inch lengths of 26-gauge bright copper Wrapit® wire
- One 7-1/2 inch length of 3.5-4mm tan bola cord
- Two 4-inch lengths of 1mm natural leather cord
Make a 3/4 inch loop on the end of the 4-inch length of 1mm leather cord so it is resting on the bola cord starting at 1-1/2 inches from the first end. Start to wrap the 1mm cord around the bola cord to hold the loop of the cord in place. Continue to wrap the cord for 6 neat wraps around the bola cord over the loop. Pass the end of the 1mm leather cord through the loop before pulling the opposite end of the cord tight to hold it in place. Pull both ends of the cord tight. Trim the ends of the cord with flush-cutters.
Repeat to attach the second 4-inch length of 1mm leather cord to the bola cord on the opposite end of the bola cord.
Repeat to attach the second 4-inch length of wire to the bola cord on the opposite end of the bola cord.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.