Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal
Design inspiration courtesy of Swarovski
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 4mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, white alabaster, 4mm round
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, peridot, 14mm twist
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light rose, 14mm twist
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal clear, 14mm twist
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, aquamarine, 14mm twist
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, amethyst, 14mm twist
- Clasp, lobster claw, sterling silver, 11x7mm
- Headpin, sterling silver, 3-inch, 2mm with ball
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 6.3mm round, 18 gauge
- Earwire, sterling silver, flattened fishhook, 2.5mm ball and coil, 21 gauge
- Pliers, side-cutting
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
Get inspired by Swarovski design team's limitless imagination. Magical project ideas bring a new dimension to simple techniques.
Make the Lollipops: On a headpin string seven 3mm White Alabaster Round Beads and one 5621 14mm Aqua Twist Bead. Repeat with the other 4 colours of Twist Bead 5621.
Turn loop on headpins.
String one end of wire through a crimp bead, then through a jumpring and back through the crimp bead. Crimp the bead to secure.
String on 42 Crystal Bicone Beads 4mm and the Aqua Lollipop. Alternate eight 4mm Crystal Bicone Beads with the remaining Lollipops then add 42 more Crystal Bicone Beads.
String on a crimp bead, string the wire through the loop at the bottom of the lobster clasp and then back through the crimp bead. Pull the wire to take up any remaining slack in the wired, (do not pull too tight, beads should drape easily). Crimp the crimp bead to secure. You can string the remaining wire back through a few beads on both sides and cut off remaining wire.
String onto one silver headpin: seven Round Beads 3mm White Alabaster and one Twist Bead 5621 14mm.
Turn loop on headpin.
Open loop on bottom of earwire, attach to loop formed on headpin and close loop to secure.
Repeat steps 1 - 3 for other earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.