Single-Strand Necklace with Silver-Plated Pewter and Enamel Focals, Wood Rings and Seed Beaded Links
Peace and Love
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Focal and drop, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and enamel, blue and black, (2) 31mm round with single-sided peace symbol and (2) 21mm flat round with single-sided ''peace,'' 2.5mm loop/hole (2 focals)
- Focal, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and enamel, blue, 33mm round with single-sided peace symbol and ''peace,'' 2.5mm loop (1 focal)
- Focal, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and enamel, blue and black, 39mm round with single-sided peace symbol and ''peace,'' 2.5mm hole. (1 focal)
- Charm, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and enamel, pink, (2) 23x22mm round peace symbol and ''peace'' and (2) 18mm double-sided peace symbol, 2.5mm loop (1 charms)
- Rings, wood, assorted colors and sizes (2 rings)
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, matte transparent, root beer, #11 (1 pkg beads)
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, size 00, brown
- Chain, silver-plated, 4.8x3.3mm cable
- Cord, nylon with smooth satin finish, blue, 5mm twisted
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 4.5mm round, 22 gauge (10 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 5mm round, 18 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Beading needles, #10, 2-1/4 inch
- Pliers, flush-cutters
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
Using scissors, cut one 36-inch length of brown Nymo thread. Thread on a beading needle.
Using the Peyote stitch, create a woven strip that is four root beer seed beads wide by sixteen root beer seed beads long.
Wrap the Peyote stitched strip around the blue neck cord and through the center of a 20mm wood ring. Weave the end of the thread back and forth through the first and last row of seed beads to close the loop and then weave the thread in a zig-zag pattern through the strip to secure the thread. Trim any excess thread.
Repeat Steps 1-3 to attach a 28mm wood ring to the 20mm wood ring.
Using flush-cutters, cut the following lengths of silver-plated 4.8x3.3mm cable chain:
Three 3/4 inch lengths
One 1-3/4 inch length
One 2-1/4 inch length
Using a 3/4 inch length of silver-plated cable chain, pass the chain through the center of the 28mm wood ring.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open a 4.5mm jumpring. Pass the open ring through the first link and the last link on the 3/4 inch length of silver-plated cable chain. Close the jumpring.
Using a 2-1/4 inch length of silver-plated cable chain, pass the chain through the hole on the 28mm wood ring, leaving a tassel on one end of the chain. Pass a 4.5mm jumpring through the links at the edge of the wood ring to hold the chain in place.
Repeat Step 7 to attach two 3/4 inch lengths of silver-plated cable chain to the wood ring.
Repeat Step 8 to attach one 1-3/4 inch length of silver-plated cable chain to the wood ring.
Using a 4.5mm jumpring, attach the following focal pieces to the ends of the following chains:
Open peace symbol to the jumpring attached to the first 3/4 inch length of chain
Solid large "peace" with peace symbol to the last link on the 2-1/4 inch length of chain
Blue "peace" with open peace symbol to the jumpring attached to the second 3/4 inch length of chain
Solid small "peace" to the jumpring attached to the first 3/4 inch length of chain using a 5mm jumpring
Solid peace symbol to the last link on the 1-3/4 inch length of chain
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.