Triple-Strand Bracelet with Multicolor Spinel Gemstone Beads, Antiqued Hill Tribes Fine Silver Beads and Drop
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, multicolor spinel, 4mm faceted rondelle (51 beads)
- Bead, antiqued Hill Tribes fine silver, 3x2mm round tube
- Drop, antiqued Hill Tribes fine silver, 9x9mm flower (1 drop)
- Crimp bead, sterling silver, 3x2mm cut tube (2 crimp beads)
- Crimp cover, antiqued gold-plated brass, 4mm (2 crimp covers)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 22 gauge (10 jumprings)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 6mm round, 20 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 6mm round, 20 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Clasp, toggle, Hill Tribes fine silver, 14mm fancy round (1 clasp)
- French wire, silver-plated copper, 1.5mm fancy twist
- Thread, Silkon, bonded nylon, lightweight #1, purple
- Needles, wide-eye
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, crimping
Cut the following:
Three 12-inch lengths of Silkon® thread
Two 3/4 inch lengths of French wire
Pass one silver-plated 6mm jumpring through the loop on one 9x9mm flower charm then close. Repeat to attention a second jumpring creating double jumprings.
Match up the ends of the three lengths of thread then thread a Wide-Eye Needle™. String one crimp, one 3/4 inch length of French wire and the double jumprings attached to the flower charm. Pass the Wide-Eye Needle back through the crimp. Pull the thread so the crimp rests snug against the French wire leaving approximately 1/4 inch of thread on the end.
Remove the Wide-Eye Needle and then crimp. Trim the excess from the short end of the beading thread. Finish with a 4mm crimp cover.
String the following onto the thread: 1-3/4 inches of fine silver 3x2mm tube beads, 16 3x1mm-4x2mm rondelle multi-spinel beads and 1-3/4 inches of fine silver 3x2mm tube beads.
Place a Bead Stopper™ on the end of the thread.
Repeat this sequence to string each of the remaining lengths of thread.
Braid the lengths of thread together for approximately 5-inches.
Remove the Bead Stopper from each length of thread then repeat Step 3 using the ring portion of the toggle clasp.
Pass one gold-plated 6mm jumpring through two gold-plated 4mm jumprings and the French wire loop on the charm end of the bracelet. Close the jumpring creating a small chain.
Pass one gold-plated 6mm jumpring through two 4mm jumprings and the previous two 4mm jumprings. Repeat to attach a total of four sets creating an extender chain.
Pass one open gold-plated 6mm jumpring through the loop on the bar portion of the clasp and the previous two 4mm jumprings.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.