Earrings with Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 4mm Xilion bicone (46 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 18mm heart pendant (2 drops)
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 4mm round, 22 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 9mm round, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earwire, antiqued sterling silver, 18mm fishhook with 5x5mm shell and open loop, 18 gauge (2 earwires)
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, size B, red
- Chain, sterling silver, 1.5mm cable
- Adhesive, Loctite 409 gel
- Needle, steel, light twisted
- Pliers, flush-cutters
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Cut one 3/4 inch length of 1.5mm sterling silver cable chain.
Open one 4mm sterling silver jumpring and pass it through the first link on the 3/4 inch length of chain and the loop on one 18mm sterling silver fishhook earwire. Close the jumpring.
Open one 4mm sterling silver jumpring and pass it through the last link on the 3/4 inch length of chain. Close the jumpring.
Open one 9mm sterling silver jumpring and pass it through the last 4mm sterling silver jumpring and one 18mm Swarovski heart drop. Close the jumpring.
Cut one 12-inch length of Nymo thread and thread onto one light twisted beading needle.
Knot the end of the tread to the third link from the top of the chain and begin stitching one 4mm Swarovski bicone bead to every other chain link until you reach the second to the last link. Repeat in the opposite direction, stitching one bicone bead to each skipped chain link. Continue this process until you have added 23 bicone beads. Tie the thread off in a non-conspicuous place on the chain and trim closely to the knot.
Repeat Steps 1 - 6 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.