Earrings with Swarovski Crystal, Mesh Ribbon and Silk Tassels
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, silk, 3mm Xilion bicone (4 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, creamrose, 9x8mm curved (2 pearls)
- Embellishment, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, crystal golden shadow, foil back, 24x8mm princess baguette fancy stone (2 embellishments)
- Cone, gold-plated brass, 12mm fancy filigree, fits 12-14mm bead (2 cones)
- Ribbon crimp end, gold-plated brass, 8x5mm textured rectangle (4 ribbon crimp ends)
- Tassel, silk, brown, 2 inches (2 tassels)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 1-1/4 inch, 24 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 5mm round, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earwire, gold-plated stainless steel and brass, 15mm flat fishhook with 3x2mm coil, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Mesh ribbon, brass, metallic peach, 6mm tubular
- Adhesive, E-6000® Jewelry and Craft
- Pliers, nylon jaw, steel / rubber / nylon, black or blue, 5-1/4 inches
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
Using scissors, cut two 4-inch sections of metallic peach mesh ribbon.
Using nylon-jaw pliers, close the ribbon crimp end part way, leaving enough of an opening to insert the mesh ribbon.
Repeat to open a second ribbon crimp end part way.
Add a dab of E-6000® Jewelry and Craft Adhesive to both interior sides of the ribbon crimp end. Hold the ribbon point up, twist the ribbon end slightly then add the ribbon crimp end and clamp down with the nylon-jaw pliers.
The pliers are slippery because of the plastic sliding against the metal, and you might need to work with them a bit--it's all worth it as the pliers don't mar the metal at all.
Insert one Swarovski crystal golden shadow 24x8mm princess baguette fancy stone into the mesh ribbon.
Repeat Steps 1 - 3 to secure the opposite end of the mesh ribbon in a second ribbon crimp end.
Repeat Steps 3 - 5 to create a second fancy stone and mesh ribbon beading link with ribbon crimp ends.
Before continuing, allow enough time for the glue to dry, following manufacturer's directions.
Open the loop on one gold-plated 1-1/4 inch eyepin and pass it through the loop on one imitation silk 2-inch tassel. Close the loop.
String one gold-plated 12mm fancy filigree cone onto the straight end of the wire. Using round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers and flush-cutters, form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire.
String the following beads onto one gold-plated 1-1/4 inch eyepin:
Using round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers and flush-cutters, form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire to make a Swarovski curved pearl beading link.
One Swarovski silk 3mm bicone
One Swarovski creamrose 9x8mm curved pearl
One Swarovski silk 3mm bicone
Using flat-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers, open the loop on one gold-plated 3x2mm fishhook earwire and pass it through on loop on the fancy stone and mesh ribbon beading link. Close the loop.
Open one gold-plated 5mm jumpring and pass it through the opposite loop on the fancy stone and mesh ribbon beading link and one loop on the Swarovski curved pearl beading link. Close the jumpring.
Open the opposite loop on the Swarovski curved pearl beading link and pass it through the loop on the tassel drop. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 7 - 12 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.