Earrings with Sterling Silver Beads and Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Doreen, Manager, Product Management Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Bead, sterling silver, 3mm seamless round (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal metallic blue 2X, 3mm Xilion bicone (12 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal metallic blue 2X, 4mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 4mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, JBB Findings, sterling silver, 22x5mm dragonfly wings (2 beads)
- Earwire, sterling silver, 18mm fishhook with 2.5mm ball and open loop, 18-20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Wire, Argentium silver, full-hard, round, 22 gauge
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
Using a pair of flush-cutters cut two 6-inch lengths of Argentium® silver 22-gauge wire.
Using a pair of round-nose pliers form a small loop on one end of one 6-inch length of wire. Continue to twist the pliers 1/4 turn overlapping the wire slightly and closing the loop.
String the following onto the straight end of the wire:
Six Swarovski crystal metallic blue 2X 3mm bicones
One Swarovski crystal metallic blue 2X 4mm bicone
One sterling silver 22x5mm dragonfly wing bead
One Swarovski crystal jet 4mm bicone
One sterling silver 3mm round
Gently curve the loop end ''tail'' of the dragonfly to an approximately 35-degree angle.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and flush-cutters form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire creating a dragonfly drop.
Open the loop of the earwire. Pass the loop through the wrapped loop on the dragonfly drop. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 2 - 4 to create a second earring curving the tail of the dragonfly in the opposite direction (150-degrees) creating a mirror image.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.