Fashion is dancing to a world beat where ethnic influences play together in a chorus of color and style harmony. Jewelry designs glean inspiration from exotic destinations like Mexico, India, Bali, Africa, Thailand and Brazil where color is vivid and patterns are lively. Designers are resurrecting seed bead jewelry and beaded fringe clothing in American Indian-style patterns and Southwestern colors.
Accessorize in World Beat
Cultural diversity takes on a whole new meaning as fashion embraces handmade materials � full of detail, color and texture � from all around the world. Detailed and visually stunning creations that fuse contemporary influences with traditional materials are the essence of world beat style. Surfaces are textured and detailed with multiple components, materials and finishes. A nomadic mood is set with fringe tassels and mirrored accents punctuating beaded necklaces, bracelets and scarves.
How to wear the style
Jewelry reflects a world traveler look that�s first class. A classic white T-shirt and jeans is instantly elevated with a beaded cabochon collar necklace in vibrant colors of seed beads or with dangling gemstone briolette beads and metal beads and components. Bold gold and silver coin beads paired with turquoise and red coral gemstone beads capture a sophisticated ethnic style.
Embellished leather strap bracelets with glass seed and bugle beads worn stacked together create a laid-back, casual style for weekend attire. Multiple rows of gemstone rectangle and tube beads woven with linen or leather cord make stand-out cuff bracelets both on and off the beach. Eclectic mixes of gemstone, acrylic and crystal focal pieces, worn as dangles on large-link chain in bracelet and long necklace designs, liven up office attire and resort wear.
- Gypsy colors of ribbon and feathers
- Bright colors of seed beads and resin beads
- Large teardrop gemstone pendants
- Rajasthani silver beads and components
- Hill Tribes silver beads and components
- Oversized round and teardrop hoops worn as earrings and focal pieces
- Carved turquoise gemstone beads
- Red coral gemstone beads
- Vivid glass seed beads combined with faceted Swarovski® crystal beads and components
- Copper components
- Beaded fringe and tassel accents
- Colorful embroidery with seed bead accents
- Dichroic glass focal pieces with textured metal beads
- Woven leather cord and gemstone tube beads
- Wood bead stretch bracelets with ethnic-inspired metal charms and dangles
- Eclectic mixes of gemstone, acrylic and crystal focal pieces worn as dangles on large-link chain bracelets
- Oxidized and shiny copper wire and copper beads
- Hairpipe beads worn in long, layered necklaces similar to traditional Native American breastplates
- Leather strap bracelets
- Gold- or silver-plated Lazer Lace™