The look this season mixes the most contrasting ideas into simplified works of art. With approachable designs on the rise, unfussy accessories bring warmth and consistency to the street. Gemstones and crystals are particularly popular in deep neutrals, balancing the electric gold and silver metals.
Metals are a sure fit for all designs. Be bold with gold! Links are adorning almost every accessory and the more links, the better--long and layered! Whether it's necklaces or earrings... think links!
So what's the key to creating fabulously fashionable jewelry?
It's all about integrating the right stone or crystal with each linked piece. Here are a few styles we've spotted on the runway:
Back in full force, the briolette--in rich neutral flavors such as plum, apricot and olive. Thick and heavy gold-linked chains are all the rage when adding these delicate, faceted briolettes. Or, add briolettes in bulk for wide banded bracelets.
In contrasting designs, large rough gemstones such as rich, majestic amethyst or cool black jet, added to simple ring bands is striking! Asymmetrical stones also make fabulous pendants when strung into dainty, elegant chains.
So, glamour fanatics... this is your season. Oh, and grunge fanatics... this is your season too! There's a blended style this year that will keep everyone wanting more!
Create fabulously fashionable jewelry with these jewel and metal design ideas.
- Long linked necklaces in gold or silver
- Smaller, delicate, fine chains in gold or silver
- Briolettes, either crystal or gemstone, in a rich organic palette
- Large, rough gemstones, such as 5084, rose quartz, jade and amethyst
- Lacy and filigree metals, incorporating Lazer Lace™
- Cabochon stones, for ring bands and pendants
- Carved patterns and motifs
- Antique metal finishes and marcasite components
- Antique Chunky stones in delicate rings
- Jeweled suede lace up boots and beaded handbags