Artisan Market is emerging in accessories and jewelry this season with colorful and eco-friendly materials. Get inspired with the design ideas and product suggestions to create your own look.
Accessorize in Artisan Market
Let the global village inspire you - unite brilliant colors, exotic materials and homespun techniques. Blend hand-painted beads, crochet and knit stitches and macramé with ideas and souvenirs from different cultures to create a worldly style. Sustainable materials and glamour work hand-in-hand with messages of eco-awareness and global peace in jewelry and fashion designs.
How to wear the style
Jewelry symbolizes the collection of a world traveler for spectacular conversation pieces. Worn with everything - from evening gowns to jeans - the focus is on the jewelry as people ask, "Wow! Where did you find that?"
Combine the fine details of Hill Tribes silver with the deep green colors of African "jade" and the eco-friendly wood beads from the Philippines. Use the crochet techniques you learned from your Grandmother and add seed beads, crystals and wire to create a bracelet with a homespun look. Key design components include large hand-painted focal pieces, pendants of clustered foreign coins or fabric-covered beads.
Design with ...
- Etched pewter beads
- Felt flowers and balls
- Yarn, threads and hemp cord
- Gemstone nuggets such as amber, turquoise and amazonite
- Foreign coin assortments
- Paint your own porcelain beads or use already hand-painted porcelain beads
- Handmade Hill Tribes fine silver beads
- Designer cultured freshwater pearls
- Seed beads
- Glass focal components and lampwork glass beads
- Swarovski® crystal in vibrant Indian red, fire opal, emerald, Caribbean blue opal and lime
- Spicy carnelian gemstones mixed with lapis lazuli
- Eco-friendly wood beads