Item Number: H20-4646TL
Have a question about this item?
Join Beadwork Editor Melinda Barta as she demonstrates everything you've ever wanted to know about different shaped beads. Be on the edge of this new trend with the must-have tips and tricks shared in this ultimate beading workshop DVD.
Start off with a comprehensive description of the different varieties of shaped beads including Tilas, Superduos, peanut beads, spikes and more! Then, go in-depth as Melinda teaches you how to modify traditional bead stitches including peyote stitch, herringbone, ladder stitch and more to use with these exciting shapes. Plus, see side by side how similar shaped beads react to the different stitches.
Enhance your beaded jewelry as you:
• Get started the right way with a comprehensive materials and tools overview, plus Melinda's expert, tried-and-true tips for hiding threads, maintaining proper tension and more
• Learn the best stitches to use with the hottest shaped beads including Tilas, Superduos, peanut beads and more
• Take your beadwork to the next level as you explore new ways to embellish your beadwork with shaped beads
• Discover which similar beads are interchangeable and which aren't for easy substitutions
• Skip the guesswork with up close shots and detailed thread path diagrams
• And more!
Running time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Level: Beginning to intermediate
Plays in all regions
DVD is shrink-wrapped and returnable if unopened.
About the author: Melinda Barta is editor of Beadwork magazine and author of five books, including Mastering Peyote Stitch (Interweave, 2012). In her Beadwork column Custom Cool, she teaches beaders of all skill levels how to create custom components using beadweaving stitches. She has filmed DVD workshops on peyote stitch, herringbone stitch, beaded bezels and more.