Topics: Wire, Colored Copper, Zebra
Is Zebra Wire tempered as Full/Hard, Half/Hard or Dead Soft? Is Zebra Wire suitable for projects that need to be bent and will it stay wrapped?
Zebra Wire™ Colored Copper Wire is tempered as dead-soft. It is a malleable colored copper wire that is available in many gauges and colors. As you manipulate and work the wire with tools, it will work-harden slightly. It should be worked with covered pliers and/or nylon jaw pliers to protect the enamel and shiny lacquer coating. This wire can be bent into shapes, wraps well and can be woven. It will stay wrapped and will hold its shape similar to sterling silver dead-soft wire.
- Sandra Lupo, Metalsmith, Jewelry Artist and Instructor
- ''Protecting Tools with Tool Magic'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Forming Wire Coils'' how-to video
- ''Cleaning Metal and Jewelry with Polishing Cloths'' how-to video
- View Zebra Wire design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs