Earrings with Oh! Ring™ Silicone Components and Chainmaille
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Component, Oh! Ring, silicone, black, 7mm round with 3mm hole (4 components)
- Component, Oh! Ring, silicone, light green, 7mm round with 3mm hole (54 components)
- Component, Oh! Ring, silicone, pale yellow glow-in-the-dark, 7mm round with 3mm hole (2 components)
- Jump ring, anodized aluminum, gold, 5mm matte round, 3.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (126 jump rings)
- Jump ring, anodized aluminum, bronze, 5.5mm round, 3.5mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (10 jump rings)
- Ear wire, gold-plated stainless steel, 21mm fishhook with star and open loop, 21 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Jump ring tool, opener and closer, nickel-finished pewter (tin-based alloy), 10mm wide, size 8-1/4
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
Use 7mm light green silicone Oh! Rings™ and bronze 5.5mm jump rings to create a 1-1 chain, beginning and ending with Oh! Rings.
Decreasing each row by one light green Oh! Ring, use the Japanese 6-in-1 chainmaille technique to add five more rows.
Note: View the Row by Row method of the ''How to Create a Japanese 6-in-1 Chainmaille Weave'' illustrated instructions for additional details.
Use the Japanese 6-in-1 chainmaille technique to add one glow-in-the-dark 7mm Oh! Ring to the last (shortest) row of silicone chainmaille.
Use the same technique to add a black 7mm Oh! Ring on the side opposite the glow-in-the-dark ring, between the third and fourth green ring of the first (longest) row. Repeat to add a second black jump ring directly next to the first.
Pass the loop of an ear wire through the glow-in-the-dark ring, then close.
Repeat Steps 1 - 5 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.