Single-Strand Necklace with Hemalyke™ Beads, Czech Glass Druk Beads and Antiqued Pewter Charm
Armed Forces Day Jewelry for All
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech glass druk, opaque red, 4mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, Czech glass druk, opaque blue, 4mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, Czech glass druk, opaque white, 4mm round (2 beads
- Bead, Hemalyke, black, 4x1mm square rondelle (380 beads)
- Bead, Hemalyke, 8mm star (4 beads)
- Charm, antiqued pewter (tin-based alloy), 18x8mm helicopter with moveable blades (1 charm)
- Jump ring, gunmetal-plated brass, 6x4mm oval, 4.1x2mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (4 jump rings)
- Jump ring, gunmetal-plated brass, 7x5mm oval, 5.5x3.2mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (1 jump ring)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, gunmetal-plated brass, 4x4mm tube, 0.5mm inside diameter (2 wire protectors)
- Head pin, gunmetal-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (2 head pins)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2mm cut tube, 1.4mm inside diameter (2 crimps)
- Crimp cover, gunmetal-plated brass, 4mm round (2 crimps)
- Clasp, barrel, Hemalyke, 15x7mm round tube (1 clasp)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, crimping
Military-themed jewelry is a great way to honor and support our military heroes for their service in the United States of America. This featured unisex necklace makes a great addition to men's and women's jewelry lines and a great gift for any patriotic holiday. Honor our military heroes and great style with this simple-to-string, FREE necklace project that's ready to add to men's and women's jewelry lines ...
Cut a 23-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire.
Add a 7x5mm jump ring to the loop of a helicopter charm.
Pass a head pin through one half of a barrel clasp (starting on the inside of the clasp piece) then create a wrapped loop. Repeat to add a wrapped loop to the second half of the clasp.
String a crimp and an Accu-Guard™ wire protector onto the beading wire. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp, trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire and add a crimp cover.
String the following onto the beading wire:
173 Hemalyke™ square rondelles
One Hemalyke star
One red 4mm round
One white 4mm round
One blue 4mm round
One Hemalyke star
17 Hemalyke square rondelles
String the jump ring added to the helicopter charm then repeat Step 5 in reverse.
Keeping approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch of slack, repeat Step 4.
Slack is needed to give the square rondelles the flexibility to be worn
If too much slack is left after crimping add a crimp cover near the end of the strand
Use double 6x4mm jump rings to add one half of the clasp to the end of the necklace. Repeat to add the second half to the opposite end.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.