Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Amethyst Gemstone Beads and Embellishments, Silver-Plated Brass Beads and Signature Series Magic-Glos® Top Coat
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, silver-plated brass, 4mm smooth round (2 beads)
- Bead, amethyst, small chip (30 beads)
- Embellishment, amethyst, mini undrilled chip
- Focal, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 35x17mm rectangle with 27x9mm non-calibrated rectangle setting (1 focal)
- Jump ring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Jump ring, silver-plated brass, 5.5mm round, 3.5mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (1 jump ring)
- Head pin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (2 head pins)
- Clasp, lobster claw, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 10x6mm (1 clasp)
- Ear wire, silver-plated stainless steel, 20mm fishhook with 3mm ball and 4mm coil with open loop, 21 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Chain, silver-finished brass, 2.5mm cable
- Wire, Zebra Wire, copper, silver color, round, 24 gauge
- Top coat, Signature Series Magic-Glos by Lisa Pavelka, non-toxic dimensional gloss
- UV Light, Lisa Pavelka, aluminum / plastic / rubber / steel, white / black / purple
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Place a single layer of mini undrilled amethyst chips in a rectangle setting. Slowly pour Magic-Glos® top coat over the chips until even with the edge of the setting, then cure.
Cut four 2-inch lengths of 24-gauge wire and the following 2.5mm cable chain:
Two 1/2 inch lengths
Two 1-inch lengths
Two 10-1/2 inch lengths
Add a 4mm jump ring to the loop of the rectangle pendant.
Pass a second 4mm jump ring through the first links of both 1/2 inch lengths of chain and the previously added jump ring, then close.
Pass a length of wire through the last link of one 1/2 inch length of chain, then create a wrapped loop.
String five small amethyst chips onto the length of wire. Pass the wire through the first link of a 1-inch length of chain, then create a second wrapped loop.
Repeat to add a second beaded link and a 10-1/2 length of chain.
Use a 4mm jump ring to add a lobster claw clasp to the last link of the 10-1/2 inch chain.
Repeat Step 4 to complete the second half of the necklace.
Add a 5.5mm jump ring to the last link of the second 10-1/2 inch chain.
Cut two 2-inch lengths of 24-gauge wire.
Create a wrapped loop on the end of each length of wire.
String five small amethyst chips onto one length of wire and create a second wrapped loop. Repeat with the second length of wire.
String a 4mm silver-plated round onto a head pin then create a simple loop. Repeat to create a second link.
Connect an ear wire, a beaded amethyst link and a silver-plated drop. Repeat to complete a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.