Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Gemstones and Metal Beads
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, 14Kt gold-filled, 5x2.5mm corrugated saucer (6 beads)
- Bead, garnet, small hand-cut rough nugget (5 beads)
- Jump ring, 14Kt gold-filled, 3.5mm round, 2.2mm inside diameter, 22 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Head pin, 14Kt gold-filled, 1-1/2 inches with 1.5mm ball, 24 gauge (2 head pins)
- Clasp, magnetic, 14Kt gold-filled, 5.5x4.5mm (1 clasp)
- Ear wire, 14Kt gold-filled, 12mm diamond-cut fishhook with open loop, 20 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Chain, Gossamer, 14Kt gold-filled, 0.84mm add-a-bead
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, wire cutter
- Thread, Nymo
Natural, untreated gemstones in rough, organic shapes are trending in jewelry. The one-of-a-kind hand-cut rough nugget garnet beads in this jewelry set offer this popular look combined with a delicate chain. The handcrafted nature of these garnet stones adds to their beauty and richness ...
Cut a 17-inch length of chain.
String the following onto the chain five times:
One 5x2.5mm saucer
One garnet nugget
String one additional saucer.
Use a jump ring to attach half of a magnetic clasp to one end of the chain. Repeat to add the second half of the clasp to the opposite end of the chain.
Cut two 1-inch lengths of chain.
String a saucer and a garnet nugget onto a head pin then create a wrapped loop. Repeat to create a second drop.
Attach the following in sequence:
One ear wire
One length of chain
Repeat to complete a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.