Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Cubic Zirconia Drops and Links
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 4mm bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 6mm bicone (2 beads)
- Drop, cubic zirconia, pink, 10x6mm faceted diamond (2 drops)
- Link, sterling silver and cubic zirconia, pink, 7x7mm faceted diamond (2 links)
- Link, sterling silver and cubic zirconia, pink, 11.5x11.5mm faceted diamond (2 links)
- Eyepin, sterling silver, 1-inch, 24 gauge (4 eyepins)
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 3.8mm round, 22 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earwire, sterling silver, 15mm flattened fishhook with 2mm ball, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Pliers, side-cutting
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
String one 4mm bicone crystal onto a sterling silver 1-inch eyepin. Using a pair of round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers and side-cutting pliers, form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire, creating a 4mm bicone crystal beading link. Repeat to create a second 4mm bicone crystal beading link.
Repeat to create two 6mm bicone crystal beading links, using one 6mm bicone crystal and one 1-inch eyepin for each link.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, open the loop on a 4mm bicone crystal beading link and pass it through the loop on a sterling silver fishhook earwire. Close the loop.
Continue connecting components in the following order:
One 7x7mm pink faceted diamond CZ link
One 6mm bicone crystal beading link
One 11.5x11.5mm pink faceted diamond CZ link
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open a 3.8mm jumpring. Pass it through the second loop on the 11.5mm pink faceted diamond CZ link and the hole on the 10x6mm pink faceted diamond drop. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Steps 2 - 4 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.