Single-Strand Necklace with Swarovski Crystal
Count the Rings
Design inspiration courtesy of Swarovski
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, white alabaster, 4mm round
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 12.5mm ring
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light topaz, 12.5mm ring
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 12.5mm ring
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, olivine, 12.5mm ring
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, amethyst, 12.5mm ring
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2mm cut tube
- Clasp, lobster claw, sterling silver, 11.5x6.7mm 'infinity'
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 6mm round, 19 gauge
- French wire, sterling silver, .8mm tube
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex®, clear, .019 inch, 49 strand
- Pliers, side-cutting
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, crimping
Get inspired by Swarovski design team's limitless imagination. Magical project ideas bring a new dimension to simple techniques.
String one end of wire through a crimp bead, then through a jumpring and back through the crimp bead. Crimp the bead to secure.
String on eight Round Beads 4mm White Alabaster, one Ring Bead 5139 12.5mm Amethyst with one Round Bead 4mm White Alabaster in the middle of the Ring Bead, then two Round beads 4mm White Alabaster.
String on one Ring Bead 5139 with one Round Bead 4mm White Alabaster in the middle, then add two Round Beads 4mm White Alabaster. Continue pattern using the Crystal Red Magma Ring Bead, then the Amethyst Ring Bead, and finally the Light Topaz Ring Bead. Continue this pattern until you have used all the ring beads and then add eight more 4mm White Alabaster Round Beads.
String on a crimp bead, string the wire through the loop at the bottom of the lobster clasp and then back through the crimp bead. Pull the wire to take up any remaining slack in the wired, (do not pull too tight--beads should drape easily). Crimp the crimp bead to secure. You can string the remaining wire back through a few beads on both sides and cut off remaining wire.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.